View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 04:23 AM
Snooze2978

Have seen this. Years ago when I was trying to make the most of the space in my 1st house of less than 900sqft. I took the 2nd bedroom and had a full wall unit built on the longest wall. Had 3 separate sections to it, one for coats and the vacumn, the middle section held my computer and the last section held my sewing machine and stuff. The table folded down and all units were deep enough to hang stuff at the back. I used pegboard to hang rulers, scissors, etc. I could fold the table up, push the machine to the back and close the doors when necessary. Up above I had them add cabinets for storage so a place to hide all my fabrics............which at the time I didn't have a lot as I wasn't into embroidery or quilting back then. It worked for what I needed at the time. Later I added 8 feet to the room to make it 10 x 18 which still wasnt' very large for what I stuffed inside it but it worked at the time. This unit you showed us reminds me of the old style Murphy beds that would fold up and you could close the doors to hide it. Seems these type of units are coming back in style after all these years. Nice idea.