View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 07:23 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by AnInspiredMess View Post
As for the flat tire spots, I'm using a wooden dowel to keep the pulley from resting on the motor. I've also heard that bubble wrap works well!

I ran into another issue today on my 43. I pulled the motor brushings (those big black screws on the motor) and there were no brushes attached to the springs! Just the springs. I looked into the motor holes from where the springs were pulled, and it looked like threads on the side (of course) and silver metal at the bottom. I'm now trying to figure out if the rotary motor on the 43 didn't have brushes to push against the motor commutator. ?

Thank you again for your compelling comments and questions - I appreciate insight from experts who have done this before!

-Cyndi J
I usually don't mess with motors. I asked John and there should be "motor brushes" I don't think he messed with the White brushes, so must be okay. I have no clue as to which size they would use. I've read that some have taken larger ones and sanded down to fit. https://shop.sew-classic.com/Carbon-...7-w-spring.htm (not affiliated) has some for Singer machines

Do not put grease or oil in where the springs are. There may be small oil holes near the ends of the motor. I'm not at home, so can't go look. Maybe something in the manual??

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 05-02-2019 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Not affiliated w/ link - Happy customer