Old 05-02-2019, 07:53 AM
danydany

Default ? Which do you prefer for wrist pincushion--magnetic or "stick pins into"?

Greetings, Quilters.

I am thinking about getting a pincushion to wear on my wrist. I googled wrist pincushions, and the primary types seem to be magnetic ones (tend to look like a wristwatch) or ones where you have to stick each pin in (strip of thick felt on a band, or puffy stuffed "pumpkins" on elastic band). I especially want to use the pincushion at my design wall, where there is not a convenient place to set down a pin dish.

With the stuffed pincushions, you have to stick each pin in individually, which seems like it could be awkward at the design wall. Also, many of the advertised pincushions look bulky enough to get in the way of things while in use. (Like they are more for "cute" than "functional.")

I do already have a magnetic pin holder (dish) that I keep far away from my computerized sewing machine, and it works well. But I worry that I might get careless with a magnetic wrist pincushion and set it down it the wrong place, too close to my computerized sewing machine. I also worry that a wearable pincushion's magnet might not be strong enough to hold a lot of pins, and stray pins could fall off onto the floor, only be found with a bare foot.

Any suggestions/opinions/recommendations?

TIA.
...dany