View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 06:22 PM
Lynnie25

Default Beach Bums Quilts

These two quilts, adapted from the 'Beach Bums' pattern by JoAnn Hoffman, are the last two in my 'Whimsical Ladies' quilts (a total of 16 in all). I chose this pattern and added an additional lady because I have 5 sisters and this is the six of us sitting on the beach, each with identifying tattoos. In a moment of madness (which I have regularly), I decided to quilt a lovely quote 'Smell the Sea, and feel the Sky, Let your Soul and Spirit Fly' to fill in the remaining unquilted sections of the 'sky part' of the quilt. From afar they look great, or will do after I darn away the threads but up close I am not so sure so I am thinking about hand stitching over the quilted wording to 'tidy it up'. Then it will be binding on both of these as I want to unveil them at a family luncheon we are having for my sister's 70th birthday in early June. The whole series of Whimsical Ladies quilts will be displayed locally later in the year.
Attached Thumbnails beach-bums-4.jpg   beach-bums-3.jpg   beachbums-1.jpg   beach-bums-2.jpg