View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Thought I'd share with you what I am working on. My grandson Tyler and his fiancee Katelyn are getting married May 25th. I was invited to the bridal shower of course and I decided there was no way i was going to go to Target and buy something off of the register list.

so since some may know pieced hotpads are my specialty. I sold them to a local store for 13 yrs. I am a miniaturist so everything I do has to be miniature.

I thought I'd make at least a couple and I wanted one to be masculine. their kitchen colors are turquoise and dk gray. so not my colors but I am working with them.
ce
This is what I have done so far. I am adding another border on the other two sides then adding a fake binding. I do not do bindings LOL This is a split rail fence with a piano key board border. Nothing too exciting but I wanted one that wasn't too complicated. They don't know anything about quilts so they won't probably have an opinion about the pattern LOL So far this measure's 7 1/2" so will be approx 7 3/4" when finished.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612427[/ATTACH]

Then the second picture is one of my designs I love I named Starflake. I have to do at least one of my own designs. LOL I am going to do it in the turquoise and a lighter gray. the individual blocks will be 1 1/2" unfinished and 1" finished. The hotpad will be about 8" give or take.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612428[/ATTACH]

My turquoise version

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612429[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ty-.jpg