View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 08:52 AM
Iceblossom

I got the purple blocks sewn, pressed and final trimmed slightly ahead of schedule. Apparently I was a bit heavy handed on the seam allowance and they are all a bit small but consistent so no real problems.

Ah, the design issues of a small space... Following are some pictures, first one shows them by color groups, or at least there is one more row that was too big to fit my bed. The next is a light/dark. The third is my X idea which isn't going to work well with the breakdown I have between the quilt size and the amounts of colors I have. My current fav is the diagonal half dark triangle down the middle and then getting lighter to the opposite corner. As I laid it out and took the picture, all you really saw was the dark half so it didn't make much sense. Also going to work with horizontal rows going from dark to light.

While I don't really want any of the same backgrounds to touch, if I have to for color placement I think that has priority over the white on white.
Attached Thumbnails purple-color-groups.jpg   purple-light-dark.jpg   purple-x.jpg