View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 12:34 AM
JoshuaJames

Location: live NE England. County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops.

Thanks Rose P, i did think she meant European Community, so much Brexit on all news at the moment. I am using Egyptian cotton fabric. I had tried freehand lettering after watching a video. The video looked so easy, a fast running machine, and little explanation. The video you linked has given me new inspiration. I will practice with my new computerised machine as it has a slow speed setting. Once confident I will revert to my old machines, as you say they are a lot stronger having survived 40/50 even 60 years. As an old aged pensioner I do have all the time in the world to practice.
A lifetime interest in words and lettering, this is brilliant way of spreading my interest. There is a lot of "steam-punks" about now, another group that may be interested in having items monogrammed. The machine I bought has only one font, one size, but it does have speed adjustment. My foot pedal control is not brilliant, I did read a thread on here about knee controllers; at times the pedal ends up on the table but it leaves me with only one hand free. I will save toward a machine such as Brother, Singer, Janome etc.
Many thanks again, your reply has encouraged me to try again at freehand work.
Joshua

Last edited by JoshuaJames; 05-04-2019 at 12:37 AM.