View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Oofta

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
This is a big decision.

I had a HQ16 that I bought used, and loved it. I gave it to my sister when I bought a Q'nique 21". Would have gone 'up' with a HQ machine, but a new machine plus Pro-Stitcher was way more than I wanted to pay. My DH serviced the HQ16 for 8 years. All it ever needed was a cleaning and a bit of oil. I wish I could say that I was 'gentle' with the machine. However, I was learning quilting on it, so made my share of what could have been big mistakes. It worked in spite of me.

Ask whether it is stitch regulated - probably not - and decide if you need stitch regulation and inquire about pricing. (If you decide to computerized quilting, you will need stitch regulation.)

I wonder if it would work on your Inspira frame? That's another good question to ask!
Thanks cathyvv! It does have a stitch regulator (and yes you are right! I do need the stitch regulator) but they said it won't work on the Inspira frame. I plan on keeping the old set up because if nothing else I can baste the three layers on it, in preparation for the new set up and still do my pantographs. It really is a totally different set up and would take a lot of adjusting this old brain but boy it looks inviting.