View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 09:11 PM
EmiliasNana

Default Baby quilt for my DD's sister-in-law

I found this cute kit on Keepsake Quilting and bought two, one for my DD's SIL and one for our DD if she decides to have another LOL since she loved it so much. I tried something new for me however, instead of FMQing an overall pattern, I bought a pantograph and traced it using my light box with Crayola Ultra-Wash fine line markers (in purple no less). I didn't want to quilt on the paper (pantographs are expensive for a one time use) and I didn't want to pick out those pesky papers. It worked great and took the stress out of figuring out what to do where etc. I know you people with longarms know the feeling but I don't have the room or desire to get one, so this was a good alternative. The background on the quilt was light enough to see without too much trouble. Now to figure out how to transfer to a darker quilt as I have a Harry Potter quilt I am finishing and would love to do a Wizard panto.
Here is the baby quilt prior to quilting, unfortunately. It got sent off before I could get an after pic.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612509[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4573.jpg