View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 08:53 AM
ekuw

Originally Posted by SuzzyQ View Post
Me too!
If you are eating vegan why are you wanting something that imitates meat? Can't wrap my brain around it. I've tried the vegan burgers and even made a black bean based one at home. They were fine but I get my beef for free (DH was "on call" for every time a farmer friend had issues with his cattle for the course of our marriage and helped with harvest and planting. He did it as a form of relaxation which you can do when its not your $$$) so hubby's "fun" is still helping me now.
And I prefer to eat as natural based as possible so very little processed food for me.

I'm not opposed to eating meat-free though. I have several main dishes that are meat-free and I'll try lots of things in restaurants as well. Just don't care to eat imitations....
I don't eat a veggie burger because I want something that imitates meat, I want to eat it for the same reason meat eaters want a burger. You want an easy sandwich type of meal that is a good source of protein. I haven't eaten beef for almost 40 years and don't miss it; I also don't try to make recipies that have something as a substitute for beef. That said, I do eat chicken and fish, so when I want meat, that's what I eat.