Old 05-08-2019, 05:11 AM
LadyAg

Thanks for all the help and suggestions! I was sewing on a brand new Juki HZL-F600 which was to replace my 20 year old Pfaff. I was so excited thinking not only about quilting, but using the decorative stitches to sew my granddaughter a "fancy" Christmas dress. Does anyone remember the old Daisy Kingdom patterns?
Unfortunately, after working for two solid weeks on getting the tension adjusted, this machine is being returned. I made tiny changes in the top tension, bobbin tension, both tensions together, etc. and could never get the tension to work well. (Tiny changes which over time accumulated to big changes to no effect!) Tech support at the online seller could not fix the issue either.

I finally figured this out (why didn't I think of this earlier?) by pulling out my semi-retired PFAFF non-computerized model. With minor tension adjustments, it worked perfectly! No blind stitch feature, but a narrow ziz-zag had NO bobbin thread anywhere!

I was using the Superior Monopoly thread, which I love! Now, back to the drawing board for a new machine with a few whistles and bells. I still have hopes for a pretty Christmas dress for a 2 year old!