View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 05:44 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
I second King Arthur's website. Look for the recipe for Big Beautiful Buns. They are amazing and I used to make them instead of buying hamburger or hot dog buns. I followed their instructions on making sour dough starter and have kept it going for over 2 years now. I use the "discard" of the weekly/bi weekly feeding of the starter to make buns now. The best thing I ever learned about making bread is to weigh your flour. also weigh the dough as you shape it into buns. I weigh flour for any recipe I use. That one thing has made a world of difference in my baking.
Happy Baking,
Murphy
Thanks for the tips! I should really weigh my flour. It's just that most recipes don't list the amounts in weight. I have learned to weigh my cake layers when pouring them into the pans and that has made a huge difference in getting equal sized layers.

I went over to King Arthur's Flour site yesterday and found a Kaiser Roll recipe, as well as the Big Beautiful buns recipe. I'll have to get baking this week. so many recipes, so little time...err...energy.

~ C