Old 05-08-2019, 06:31 AM
klswift

I try to do a couple craft shows a year because I want the feedback. I sell online and really need the personal feedback. I sometimes sell a lot and sometimes not much, but I always come away with so much information. I tend to make a lot of smaller, inexpensive gift items to sell and bring a sampling of my 'regular' items to talk to people about. Buyers at craft shows love to dig around in baskets of things. At a Christmas boutique, I always sell out of the little candy sleighs (4 candy bars with 2 canes wrapped like a sleigh) and the clear bags with tiny hershey bars with a paper tag on top. Seems silly, but it gets the folks into your booth and then it is up to you to get them talking! (I also bring a notebook of photos of some of the commission items I make, just in case a discussion goes that way.) The whole trick is to engage the customers, make them want to talk to you and spend time at your booth. Also, have a business card (you can print some out on your computer) so they can call you when they get home and wish they had purchased from you. I have my email on that card rather than my phone number.