View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 10:49 AM
Iceblossom

Don't it figure, Sewbizgirl. That's the one saving grace of the story is that I still have the top. And since I never announce I'm giving a quilt to someone until it's done, nobody but the hubby even knows.

LynnBBQ, a few years ago I went through and made a spreadsheet of my UFOs and unfinished tops. At that time I had over 20 which is why I'm glad I'm under for the moment. Full disclosure: Some of the same quilts are still on the list but many others have come in gone. I consider a finished top a finished project, just not quite a quilt yet... I no longer have anything I consider a UFO, sure, some projects have been collected but not started and there are a couple works in progress but that's not the same thing.

With the spread sheet I measured the tops and put that down plus any notes I needed and I had various boxes for stage of completion. So like fabrics collected, top finished, back purchased, quilting design chosen? That really helped me get ready so they could be quilted down as well as think about the quilting aspect, again it's not easy for me. You'll notice in my photos that my binding is generally already made and is stored with the tops and backs. I try now to always put the project into quilting hold with it's back, binding, quilting designs, and notes to myself