Thread: Home Schooling
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 04:35 AM
quilterpurpledog

Later today I am gong to a grandson's graduation from college-the most difficult college to gain admittance to in our state. He is at the top of his class in Computer Science. He and his older brother were home schooled. My DIL did a marvelous job of integrating educational opportunities. There is wonderful curriculum available. The moms in the area had a co-op day; the moms took turns teaching materials, art, crafts, books etc. that they were most interested or skilled in. These kids formed lasting friendships. I would never say they were anti-social. They were not subjected to negative peer pressure, were not subjected to bullying, ridicule and pressure to do drugs, drinking or early sex. These kids have availed themselves of classes offered by the local community college and on-line classes. They all took the standardized tests required along the path. The education my grandsons received was far more expansive that they would have gotten in the local schools. Our local public schools are full of social problems and pressures. I wholeheartedly support home school based education.
And, I might add that I am a trained educator with a significant number of years of experience earlier in my life.