Thread: Home Schooling
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 08:17 AM
Onebyone
Power Poster

The mothers that are involved in home schooling here, the kids go to a home school commune type gathering once or twice a week. They have labs and learning centers for the home school kids. It's a job for the parent who is home schooling, it's not here read this book and answer the questions. It's not cheap either. Lots of paperwork involved to keep the kids grade levels tested and recorded. The kids I know now that are homeschooled are more involved in outside activities and community then the public school kids. The parent is the key to successful home school kids and many can't stick with it. I was way not interested in home schooling my kids. They went to public school for elementary and then church private school focused on college prep until 11th grade. Then back to public school for the two years to have prom, sports, band, etc. They had all the credits needed by 11 grade to graduate but wanted the social life of school. They only had to go 1/2 day to get credit of being in school to get the attendance needed to be in graduation.