View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Annz
Power Poster

I joined the forum in Nov of 2009 but haven't had a chance to introduce myself until now. I actually didn't know how to introduce myself and now think I might know how. I took my first quilting lesson from Mary Ellen Hopkins in the middle to late 70's when she opened up her first quilt shop in Santa Monica Ca. I have been quilting ever since. I have tried all kinds of crafts and enjoyed them all while I was doing them but quilting is my passion. I have 3 college aged boys but took quilting back up when my youngest was a year old. I joined a quilting class about 19 years ago (not really a class ) at a local elementry school. We pay to use one of the classrooms on Wednesday evenings as our quilt get together. It is considered an adult education class which is why we can use the classroom so long as we designated one from the group as our teacher. I have been quilting with some of these ladies for approxikately 19 years. We always get a few new people coming in but about 5 or 6 of us have been quilting together for 19 years. It is so nice to be with these ladies. We all work on our own projects and every once in a while we decide to all work on a small project together. Because of the economy there has been talk of cutting out all the adult education classes and we are all hoping and praying that it will not happen. As I said, we have been quilting together for 19 years and everyone comes from diffrent directions so it would not be advantageous for us to try and hold the group together at any ones house so we really need this elementry school to stay opened for us.
I always look forward to seeing the Quilters Board in my email as there are so many of you talented quilters out there sharing converstations, questions, problems and most of all the pictures of those beautiful quilts.

I look forward to becoming a member of this quilting family.

Warmest regards

annz