View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 07:20 AM
bigsister63

I made this quilt. It was fun and challenging at the same time. What fun to sleep under a butterfly! ( below is the link to my quilt) Butterfly quilt update!

My suggestions-1) choose your color way and gather fabrics for it. You can decide on which color you want for each block as you make each block
2) do all of one set of blocks at a time. Does not make differences which one you start with but remember to make 2 of each color way for blocks and then make other of the same bock different colors.
3) number each set of blocks with the corresponding block number and set aside.
4) make all blocks before trying to layout pattern because different block go in each section.
5) lay out and sew each section for ONE side and sew complete side and then do other side (remember wings are mirror image of each other
6) be prepared to change block colors if needed. I had to remake 2 sets if individual blocks because I did not like the colors block layout
7) follow easy way to make so many HST. Instruction are a little hard to follow but you improvise on the method. Just take it one step at a time!
8) I learned I Hate to make circular blocks!

Most important Have fun !!!!!!!! You can do it!!!!!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-12-2019 at 07:27 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps