View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 02:48 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

This ufo has been sitting around for a long time. I sewed this top together about 8 1/2 years ago. Then it was folded up & put on the shelf. I think at the time- since it’s all scraps- that I would continue making columns and make it larger. That never happened. Last week I was digging for some fabric and came upon it again. Pulled it out & since I had nothing else really going on at that moment I located a backing that would work and loaded it up to finally get it quilted. Of course about an hour later I was contacted and asked to make a quilt for a school raffle.
I picked up the squares ( colored by the kindergarten class) and went ahead and made that quilt top- finished the borders on it yesterday and today got busy quilting the loaded ufo- I wasn’t about to unload it at this point. So, now it’s all quilted ( Yea!) and the school quilt is loaded.
the backing on this ufo is a bright turquoise color- not this dull blue that shows in the picture. It’s not perfect, but sometimes done is better than perfect.
Attached Thumbnails 8abc16a4-8caa-45d8-b481-bb1dc64367f1.jpeg   020f277a-d07d-4d67-b7c9-a4538ba92b5a.jpeg