Old 05-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Hikeaddict

Default Machine quilting help- uneven/wobbly stitching

Good evening everyone! It has been a while since I quilted anything so I haven't been on the board in a while. I've now crawled out from under my career training rock, so I have started sewing again. I am making a baby quilt for a friend who is having twins (surprise!) and am struggling with the quilting. I'm super rusty, so the piecing wasn't perfect, but I'm overall happy with that part. The quilting is another story... I am having issues with the stitches not being the same length, presumably because the fabric isn't moving through at the same rate. I am also getting a lot of wobbles in the lines themselves- this problem in the worst where the foot has to go over a meeting point for lots of pieces as you might expect. I did press my seams very thoroughly before I started quilting. Any tips or thoughts about what I might be doing wrong? I am using a walking foot. I am quilting on a regular, and rather cheap Brother that I've had for about 15 years. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Anyway- some pictures:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612901[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]612902[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 0515192015c.jpg   0515192015b.jpg