Old 05-17-2019, 06:52 AM
Quilter 53

I like to set my embroidery machine separate from my other machines. I have it set up on a smaller sturdy table all by itself. All the things I need for embroidery are within reach. There is a lot of vibration when embroidering and I thought the sturdier table would be better. Also if I sit right there and watch it stitch out, I get mesmerized watching it and don't get anything else done.
My main table (10 feet?) has my main machine, my serger and a straight stitch machine in the middle between them. I frequently have my daughters sew with me so this way everybody has a spot to work. I recently put a shorter table at a right angle to my main machine and have found I use it a lot! Just yesterday I slid the straight stitch machine over on the short table and used it to stitch the basting stitches needed when gathering the top of sleeves I'm putting in shirts.
I realize not everyone has the same size space to work with that I do, but I think once you try it one way, if it works, Great! If not, don't be afraid to move it all around and try something else.
After sewing on various kitchen tables over a 34 year period, I started setting up my attic as my studio. I've been working up there for the last 14 years and I'm still trying new set ups.
Excuse the mess. I'm in the middle of assembly line sewing costumes for an upcoming Renaissance Faire.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612970[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612971[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612972[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612973[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612974[/ATTACH]
sorry they are all sideways.
Attached Thumbnails img_0475.jpg   img_0476.jpg   img_0477.jpg   img_0478.jpg   img_0479.jpg