Old 05-19-2019, 06:22 AM
dublb

I too love your quilts Carrie. That is a good idea about doing 2 different quilts for the 2 of ya.

[h=3]Post by dublb on <abbr data-timestamp="1558274037000" title="Sun May 19 2019 08:53:57 GMT-0500 (CDT)" class="o-timestamp time recent_time">27 minutes ago</abbr>[/h] We got rain again yesterday. It rained another inch & a half. While it hasn't rained in a few days, our ground is saturated. The temps dropped down a bit. We are back in the Mid 70's today. It will be back up to 80 tomarrow. The thing is it is more humid also. That is something that I'm not used to.
On my way back from dropping #1DSon off in Ft Worth I took a moment to stop in Whetherford. There is a neat store there that I love. It is an Ace Hardware store but also sells some grocery's, Wranglers Jeans, some western cloths, some guns & ammo, & (most importantly) some LQS quality fabric. It is outta print fabric so the prices are lower. The Moda is 8.99 a yard. I bought 5 yards of some 108" backing fabric for 13.99 a yard. Now when I pulled up in the parking lot I noticed that they also had a ton of St Augustine sod in the parking lot. DH & I have been looking for some St Augustine Sod for a bit & haven't found any around here. We didn't need very much. Well I came home w/10 squares of it. Wouldn't ya know it, when I got back, there was some St Augustine spotted at 2 different places here in town. Most of what I bought is still in the carport but yesterday morning I heard the thunder for the storm that was coming so I grabbed one of those sod squares & got it planted in one of the bare spots in the yard. 1 down & 9 to go. I am glad that it was planted before the rain. I wish we had the rest planted. OH well we will plant a few more in complete squares & will plug some others in. We are kinda funny as we don't care which kind of grass we have as long as it is green & hold out in the heat. I was ready for a shower then for sure. Well it started raining as soon as I got the grass in the ground. It was a bad storm & we were under a tornado watch. I didn't want to get in the shower & have to get out w/shampoo in my hair & be wrapped in a towel to get in a closet if a tornado came, so I waited. (No tornado touched down anywhere close to us.)
After my shower I worked all day on getting ready for that QAYG class. It is coming up on Tues.