View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 08:45 AM
Chaly

Question Restoring Singer 101d

I'm new here and this forum has been a wonderful resource and great reading. As many of you, I sew and love the best tools - vintage sewing machines have provided me with unsurpassed sewing precision. Over the years I've happened upon vintage Singers and have rewired, cleaned, and refurbished potted motors. I have my aunt's and my mother's featherweights which are my most cherished possessions. I'm currently working on refinishing a featherweight card table which was a freebie on craigslist.

My next project is restoring a Singer 101. These are a bit different than what I've worked on prior and not a lot of info is available online that I can find. I can handle the potted motor and rewire but don't know how to restore the oil wicks under the bed that lubricate the feed dog mechanism. Also, I need to get a new light and install - have not done this before.

If anyone has a Singer 101 or has done any work on one I'd appreciate your advice and sharing your experience. I'm really looking forward to getting this 1929 beauty up and running.