View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 06:12 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I'm not sure why you wouldn't just contact your agent and talk to him/her. That's what they are there for. It's always a good idea to have any big ticket items listed and insured separately. However, be aware that just having them insured doesn't meant you will get the enough to replace the machine unless you have them insured for replacement value.

Rob's advice is exactly what I was told by an estate appraiser. Have pictures and documentation on anything big items. There is a cap on what your can receive for the contents of your home. It sounds like a lot of money when you are reading the policy, but if you had to start replacing everything in your home that $50,000 isn't going to go that far.

dittto ditto and dittooooooooo to CashsMom!

Insurance policies vary far and wide and one should never hesitate speaking with their agent to check about coverage. goes for all types of insurance ... auto, home, contents, health, etc.

Just because a friend (or another quilter! ) says it is covered or not, it is most important to know from your agent as to what your coverage specifically is. Likewise the deductibles.

I have a good relationship with my agent, and never hesitate picking up the phone and asking a "what if". Sometimes it may be based on what I have heard others say about their insurance. Sometimes it might be just me thinking after a discussion started IRL or virtually, as on this thread.

We did have this discussion about my sewing room a few years ago .... and made the adjustments.
Everyone should!