View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 09:36 PM
London16

Default Newbie here from Massachusetts

Hello,

My name is Jeanne and I'm from Mass. I stumbled into this website from my favorite place......Pinterest! I am not new to sewing but fairly new to quilting. I have had my eye on a few quilts I want to try but my most favorite is the Bargello! I am excited and a bit anxious because the first time I saw it I thought no way am I going to be able to do this because it looked so difficult but once I saw how easy it was (Thank you YouTube! My teaching classroom and second favorite place!) I am dying to get started! I also want to do the Irish Chain. That is going to be next on my list. I love how simple it looks.
My mom tried to teach me to sew when I was in my early teens. It didn't take lol!! Then years later, she asked me to take a ride to the fabric store and that's where it began! I am a pack rat of fabric, patterns, notions, gadgets, thread..........I'm sure I'm not alone here! I'm usually into a few different things at once. I then find I get bored and have to find something new to get back into.
I'm an animal lover and currently have a Golden Retriever and 3 kitties. The loves of my life. They keep me sane.....sometimes! I work crazy hours and sometimes don't have the time to really get into a project so it sits for a while but this Bargello is something I really want to make so we'll see! I am curious by nature and sometimes to a fault....lol! but if something really interests me then I'm usually full of questions.....just saying! So that's it in a nutshell.