Old 05-22-2019, 05:54 AM
kwendt

Default Thank you great ideas...

Thanks everyone. Great point, stitchnripper. I thought about how often I use that serger... lots! And so...I decided to leave it set up ready to go. After some measuring.. I put the Ellegante on top of an old Kenmore sewing ‘desk’, after putting down a towel, then a laminate shelf over the top. I found that the machine didn’t sit quite right... there was a slight ‘bow’ in the middle of the old cabinet! I’ve got it across the room from me... leaving my regular stitcher, serger set up like it is.

I love how several of you use the old singers in your set ups as baste-ers, piece-ers. Unfortunately I don’t quite have that much room.

So... Set up the machine, tried my first design ... after the fourth thread change... it started acting funny. Before I could figure out how to stop it... the needle broke. Not the bobbin thread, either. My baby lock dealer JUST serviced it and gave me new bobbin cases. (Yes, the Embroidery bobbin case is in the machine, lol.) I know it was either a old needle, my error, thread or maybe unlevel??? I’m gonna go with old needle and my error! Lol

Today I’ll try again, after double checking with manual that I’m doing things right. And putting in a new needle of course. This thing is amazing.

Thanks again... you all give me courage to use this scary thing!

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I don’t use my serger often enough to want it out all the time but I have it in a closet where I can easily grab it when I need it. No issues regarding lifting it.