View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 08:41 AM
Iceblossom

Jmoore, if you use it, it doesn't count as stash and I say you aren't breaking the moratorium. At least that is what I tell myself! I only feel guilty about the fabric I buy because I want it, not the fabric I am using.

I'm continuing on the Wonky Bright 9-patch project. Got my first 70 set of 3-patches done, about halfway through the second set. I'll need to cut more strips today and am staying away from anything smaller than 3.25", those 2.5" strips were just too small. Am still debating for round 3 of the 3-patches if I will continue using 90 degree angles or if I will slope some of them. As I look at what I have and how the blocks will react once I cut them wonky, I'm thinking to stick with the 90 degree angles, but maybe a few that are 2.5 on the bottom and 3.5 on the type will help work with those problematic 2.5" strips... I keep telling myself to not overthink it. I am sticking together fabrics that I would not normally use together with wild abandon and keep telling myself "someone is going to love this (even if I don't!).