View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 05:51 AM
KalamaQuilts

I’ve got quilts I wouldn’t sell for 10,000 dollars. There is some seriously overestimation of value in this quilt. The value of anything is what the seller and buyer agree to.

But it offers an opportunity for a serious conversation...
is your idea of value based on the time wasted in 100 UFOs, 10 sewing machines, most never used, 10,000 dollars invested in fabric, your hourly wage where you work, $$ and hours rolled into classes over the years, unrealistic comparisons to national show winners cash awards?

As I sit here and think about it I’ve seen heirloom antique quilts at shows and eBay go for a lot less than $500.00.I have two, one 30.00 and one a 100.00.

this was a free Bonnie Hunter pattern
It took 2 days to cut, 5 days to sew. all 100%happy hours this is where the real value of all my quilts lie, in the making.
The quilting, stunning, was at deep discount because she wasn’t happy with the one she did before it,
It was 100% stash, much of the brown donated, the back stash Well past its pull by date.
It was well used for two years, not stored away offering no pleasure.

So in the aid of lively conversation...pick any of your finished bed quilts and line item it’s value it for us. sentiment doesn’t count.

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 05-26-2019 at 05:55 AM.