View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 08:29 AM
Rhonda K

Post The Animals are Quilted ITH

This little project was finished ITH (in-the-hoop) on my EMB machine. First, the inside sashings (vertical and horizontal) were quilted which took 12 hoopings. Then the outside rows with the borders were done with about 12-14 more re-hoopings. I use a magnetic hoop so it is a fairly easy process.

The stippling was done on my machine but overall sizes had to be adjusted according to the particular area. The camera feature scans the hoop area and shows the design on the screen. I can move the design position within the hoop frame if needed. This allowed me to align the quilting with the adjacent areas as needed.

There was only one small spot without quilting due to mis-hooping. It was an easy fix by creating another block of stippling 4.5 inches x 2 inches. Again, it was positioned right in place and only you will know!

I found that cutting the batting and backing bigger than needed was helpful. You need the extra fabric area to hoop the quilt layers. Hope that helps!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613313[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613314[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613315[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0346-pic-2.jpg   img_0348-pic-1.jpg   img_0347-1.jpg