Thread: Home Schooling
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 10:24 AM
GramaMary

There are so many wonderful responses to this question...My Grandson in Law was home schooled as were his 5 syblings. He was a president's scholar at a private university and is working on his Doctorate of Divinity.

My son/daughter in law home school their two children, perhaps out of necessity. She runs a private daycare and she lives in a neighborhood were her children would have to walk a very busy and not too safe few blocks to and from school. My son has his own business and would drive them to school and back. After 2 years of this..common core came in. My daughter in law spent hours in the evening helping him with his school work...so after much of this they decided to home school. They did the boy/girls scout thing, choir, piano/guitar lessons, gardening, him wood working and her sewing..(guess who her teacher was). My son runs a football team so grandson (12) played football, granddaughter (10) was in cheerleading..

They have school group outings and I think that it works for them...my daughter on the other hand says, I go to work to stay sane, haha..she has three children 9, 5 & 3..