View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 02:53 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I’ve seen quilts over items on the back of a truck- bungee cords holding it on to protect furniture while moving. People use quilts for all sorts of things. It’s theirs. My brother used one I gave him to cover his wood pile one winter. It was his to use as he needed to. All I said was - if I’d known it was going to cover the wood I would have used denim or something stronger- I hope it survives. He smiled, hugged me & said- you always said- use them, if they wear out you can make another. The next one I made him was denim and corduroy- heavy & durable. It lives on his bed-
people are funny.
My granddaughters wanted ( beach/ picnic quilts) I made them- so cute, beach appliqués, colorful fun. They took them everywhere. One 4 th of July my youngest granddaughter was lovingly spreading out her quilt on the lawn in the park where we were going to be for the fireworks. I was about 20-30 feet behind her carrying stuff when {some Woman} stormed up to her( she was 6) yanked the quilt off the ground and started yelling at her- wanting to know where her Idiot Mother was! I dropped the stuff I was carrying and ran to my granddaughters rescue- took everything I had to not hit the woman. My granddaughter gathered up her beloved quilt and ran for the car in tears. Her day ruined. She sat on the bare ground, both of her sisters took theirs to the car too- afraid.
please- think twice before passing judgment- what is yours is yours to use as you please- what is not yours is not yours to decide.
that granddaughter is 18 now and as far as I know that picnic- beach quilt never got to be the joyful picnic it was in its beginning and the only time any of the girls enjoyed picnics on a quilt was on my picnic quilt in my yard. They were all 3 afraid to take them to the beach or park even though that’s what they were made for.