View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 04:52 PM
quiltingcandy

This thread is truly inspiring. I have three projects going at the same time which is normal for me but every time I put down one I find something else to organize. My latest passion has been doing machine embroidery. Since my eldest DD is an elementary school teacher every year at Christmas I make her students embroidered bookmarks and at Easter I make free standing lace egg holders. As a result I have pieces of different stabilizers left over. (I also do quilt squares, towels, t-shirts, etc.) A few years ago my friend talked me into saving the left over scraps and it made sense because it can patch together easily. In fact, I went 2 years without having to buy any Ultra heavy water soluble by using scraps. My only organization (I thought) was separating the water soluble from the other. But yesterday I found there was really no organization. It was so mixed up! And I decided - no time like the present to get it into some as-semblance of order. So I pulled it out of the drawers and boxes (it was even rolled up into the roll stabilizer I was using), separated it by type and put the scraps into ziplock bags. It actually took over an hour to find it all, separate it, then put it away. I do keep the WSS in a plastic box, and all other rolls of various stabilizer are in a drawer with the the Wonder-Under. It just seems to pop out of no-where like the scraps of fabric that multiply when you turn the lights off. But it was nice to get it all in 2 places. I found I had purchased some I didn't need, so hopefully that won't happen now.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 05-30-2019 at 04:56 PM.