View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 09:43 AM
quiltlady1941

Default Update..cutting mat odor

I had posted my concern about the smell of my new 24 x36 Omnigrid mat, I have always used a Olfa mat but when I went to Joann's to buy a new mat ( that I really need) they were all out. as I had a 50% coupon and it was the last day, and the Omnigrid mat with the 50% off coupon was only 30.00..so I bought the Omnigrid mat. It was wrapped in clear plastic and when taking the plastic off at home the smell was so bad my husband said it made him sick and to get it out of the house, LOL

I layed it out in our screened in porch for a good week or more..to make a long story short the smell almost went away.. Yaaaa no washing or spraying with anything.

Also when cutting fabric on my old mat that had to be well over 15 years old with a lot of deep cuts on it, I really had to push down hard with my cutter, even if I had a brand new blade in it. It just didn't cut good. With the new mat and same cutter, I don't have to push down hard and it cuts like butter. I guess I didn't know what the differents a new mat makes..

Just wanted to update all of you about my Smelly Mat, that don't smell anymore.. Thanks everyone for all of your advice and concern..

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-01-2019 at 10:37 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps