Old 06-01-2019, 01:03 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lyric girl View Post
Had my Q24 for 2 years and not had that problem. However, are you sure you have in correctly? Second, if you are using prewound bobbins, you can take it out entirely. I have two separate bobbin cases, one I use with prewounds and one for regular Bernina bobbins.
Lyric girl, it sounds like you are talking about the anti backlash spring that goes into the bobbin case, not the check spring which is located at the top tension assembly. On any Bernina, including their longarms, the check spring is not accessible to the end user without taking off part of the housing of the machine itself. The anti backlash spring in the bobbin serves a completely different purpose and can be accessed by the end user.

Edited to add, with other brands of longarms where the upper tension assembly is on the exterior of the machine's housing, replacing a check spring does involve taking off the upper tension assembly. Most other LA on the market are pretty straightforward and mechanical so not too difficult to take it all apart to replace with the help of youtube and or manuals. Not the case with Bernina.
With bernina it is hidden away inside the housing of the machine. And tension settings are all electronic on the Bernina LA that I have seen and played with at shows and dealers. So they probably don't want end users messing about in there and will most likely void the warrantee if you try.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 06-01-2019 at 01:08 PM.