View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 04:58 AM
Iceblossom

It is going fast and furious here with the Wonky Brights! Currently I have blocks sewn into sets of two. I pulled out a couple since this should end up at 7x10 blocks... mildly distressed because I did send away the fabric and maybe I'd rather have 72 blocks! But I can improvise and I have several options floating in my head if I don't like the size of the pieced area. Anyway the 2-sets are now pinned into 4-sets (except the others for the uneven row).

Edit: I am having no problems at all with the slightly bias edges. All the sewing and cutting was done at straight right angles and I think that gives the fabric a little more support. I pin a lot, averaging about 6 pins per 8.5" block. And that block size means even a long bias edge is no more than about 4-5 inches so that helps too. I do press open so no issues there. It is really funny on how our eyes play tricks and when I was pressing the 2-block units, so many of them looked bent in the middle where the block seam was. Straight as can be, but my eyes so no no no.

Here's a random assortment of the trimmed blocks:
Attached Thumbnails wonky-trims.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 06-02-2019 at 05:03 AM.