View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 05:27 AM
Iceblossom

That's right Susie, I saw that in another thread -- I think both our grands are due right about the same time even? My first and probably only is expected first week of September -- which coincides with my birthday. The year I was born it was Labor Day... always found that fitting (Labor Day is first Monday of September so the date moves around). My grandbaby will be a boy. I was sort of hoping for a girl but if someone has to dress like a fairy princess it can always be me.

My dear son and DiL just came by yesterday and I showed her my secret baby quilts (I made them but never mentioned them, no pressure from me!). I've been wanting to be a grandma for so long, I swear it's worse than any urges I had to have my son She just loved the Monkey Quilt. It has Monkey fabrics and a terribly complicated pantograph monkeys eating bananas quilting design which is completely and totally lost in both the back and front fabrics. Oh well.. I still love that project and it was always intended for my own grandbaby. She wasn't as thrilled with the Under the Sea one, that's ok, I've loved doing it (not quite done yet, still stitching on the binding). She did select one of my donation quilts for a friend of her's whose favorite character is Peppa Pig, I called it "Pig Pen" because it has a large blocks of pig fabric. I made it because it is Year of the Pig and because it was a happy project.

I'll have to take some pictures after hubby is up and out of bed. That's my picture taking platform, I have rolls of heavy craft paper that make a nice work surface and quickly roll up or down and out of the way.