View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 01:06 PM
JoneB

Default Help with identifying, please??

Hi - greetings from sunny northern Arizona, my first post and I'm already begging for info!

My sister and brother-in-law purchased this great old Singer treadle at an antique store in England, in the late 1970's when they were stationed at Lakenheath AFB. The proprietor of the shop told them the machine was about 100 years old. I bought it from them about 35 years ago, and it has been a cute little dust collector for me - until recently.

I got it hooked up with a new belt, and named her Tillie. She sews better than I do, I had never tried a treadle before, it's kind of like learning to drive - a stick shift!

Hopefully the photos come in clearly, as far as I can tell (even tried doing a pencil rubbing), the serial number is 5624460. I've tried looking numerous times, and can't tell - is she a Model 12?

Thank you so much in advance for allowing me to take advantage of your vast knowledge. I have learned more than you would believe from lurking on here!

Jonee

Loving Caretaker to:
(Ten Ton) Tillie;
Lucille (Ball) 401A;
Betty (my sweet mother) Featherweight 221;
Ollie Belle (long story..) 201-2
Baby (my sister's) SewHandy No. 20-1
Attached Thumbnails s0opgigisyijb6ciqqp-da.jpg   fullsizeoutput_11dc.jpeg   rgczewofrpodqaa4ty5urw.jpg