View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 03:51 AM
BonnieSueJ

Hello, my first time responding on the Board, been lurking for years, but as my husband has been living with Crohn's for over 35 years, I can appreciate your looking for recipes. I have found that simple is best, a dinner with roasted chicken, baked potatoes(sweet or russet) and broccoli, green beans, or peas (zucchini was a trigger for him) worked well. For breakfast he usually has oatmeal made with water (dairy is a trigger) and a little honey; eggs used to be a problem, but it may have been the toast, so now he does gluten free bread. He is okay with gluten free pasta and I make my own tomato sauce with ground turkey, peppers and some seasonings and no onions (a trigger for a lot of people). Fish would be okay, but he is not a fan. Beef is once a week as it is harder to digest, ham once a month. For dessert I make rice pudding with coconut cream, coconut milk, cinnamon and honey (sugar is definitely out as inflammation feeds on the sugar), there are a few recipes on the internet. We eat a lot of turkey burgers, too. For a snack he likes the Costco rice rollers made with rice and rice syrup. Hopefully there is enough here to help you with your visit. Good luck.