View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 01:53 PM
pchp

Default Quilts finished in 2019 - #2

These three are already or nearly out of my possession, so I thought I should post their photos now. This was the result of a challenge in one of my quilt small groups. The five of us who were members last August each picked a favorite tone-on-tone fabric and gave a fat quarter to each of the others (as well as one for ourselves). We picked three purples, a red, and an orange. The challenge was to make a quilt that included the five fabrics, a print, up to three other tone-on-tone type fabrics, and any neutrals we wanted to add. I was inspired by a pattern in the book "Tessellation Quilts" that used the diamonds and rick-rack. I thought the effect was very much like a stained glass window, and knowing that the stained glass windows in churches are often used to convey Bible verses/stories, I went with quilting a Bible verse into the diamonds ("I give you a new commandment: love one another as I have loved you") using metallic thread. The recipient will be my maid-of-honor, who is now a minister.
Attached Thumbnails img_1453.jpg