Old 06-09-2019, 10:17 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Welcome Shazma Khan, from another Ontarian!!
... actually a "neighbour" as I am not far away from you, in the G-GTA-W!

Some good advice from the others.
Definitely consider what you want to do with your machine, in making your choices.

With that, the importance of finding a great dealer, as that can make a huge difference in your overall love of your machine, and ultimately, in your true enjoyment of sewing/quilting. In the end, a difference as to how your skills will develop, and how much you will actually sew. There are a lot of good machines out there, in that it is not a matter of what brand, but who you have there for support aka the dealership. Most brands have an equal in another brand. To me, ideally your dealership should be as close as possible, so that you can get there with ease, whether for support or in case of a problem. I know "close" may be a challenge for you, for as far as I know, there are no dedicated quilt/fabric and/or sewing machine stores in Mississauga!

What I have learned as I graduated from a basic beginner machine to better machines ... take your time in sourcing machines, and develop "your" shopping list of desired features, then choose the best you can at the time. Too, after a couple of switches that just matched my list, I learned it was best to buy one level above what I thought I needed/wanted .... as when I bought my first really good machine, it was the one that jump-started my real love, and then I soon outgrew it!

Good Luck!