View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 08:15 PM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Libits View Post
Perfectly said RhondaLee!

I’m the last from a family of 7 and a lot of us are like that. The ones that aren’t…..sure aren’t. My brother next in line to me is the ultimate perfectionist which is pretty handy considering he’s a Literal rocket scientist. His hair stands up if he’s in a room where there’s an 89 degree angle. We went back and forth for 4 days when I told him how to make spaghetti sauce and didn’t give him quantities. ("Whadya mean 'add garlic cloves'?”) Boy, was that an experience.

I love all the attitudes on here. I’m trying not to be perfect on the quilting front (not that I ever was—far from it) because I find that trying to make them perfect takes the fun out of it. I don’t enjoy it and find it stressful. But, at the same time, if it’s a gift I want it to be really nice but finding that balance point can be tough.
I kind of laughed at the spaghetti recipe line - I follow some recipes quite closely - the first time, anyway.

But there are some dishes/meals/concoctions such as soup, chili, casseroles - that are fairly flexible - but if one does want consistent results, specific amounts of ingredients are helpful.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-11-2019 at 01:13 PM.