View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 06:32 AM
Iceblossom

Last seam of the Wonky Bright top is done, however there is not enough of the fabric I am using on the back for the front borders and at 56x80 it needs some borders to get to twin sized. Pulled out another fabric I had in reserve to take to Tuesday group for their opinions, it goes fine with the top, not so great with the back but if I use a plain black binding it will work and it happens that I have plain black binding already made...

I'll check my stash, I think have another piece big enough I think will work but I'm pretty sure I mailed that one out... so it goes! Improvisation and grooving with the moving is what this project is about.

Last week I did buy one piece of fabric at the thrift store, I need to measure it -- I think it may be metric measurement and not vintage, but it's definitely narrower than 44/45".

On the other side of the equation, last week I mailed out the box of trimmings to the crumb quilter (large flat rate box). I also sent out a collector's request (half a medium box), found a new (appreciative) home for some creepy clown fabric that I got in a thrift store bundle I have already admitted to, and sent two more large flat rate boxes to another quilter I met here on the boards (she accepts the flannel that I get in bundles). That included a huge piece (6 yds or so...) of a fun flannel I got at the thrift store and the pink fabrics I had picked up/given to me before we found out my grandbaby will be a boy.

Today at group I am still doing the hand sewing of the binding of what I call the "Under the Sea" quilt. And then it's time to figure out what I'm going to do next...

Last edited by Iceblossom; 06-11-2019 at 06:51 AM.