View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 01:33 PM
zozee

Wow! I haven't followed this thread for a few weeks, and now that I took a look-see, I'm impressed by all the progress.

First, SusieQOH, you must've gone gangbusters to get your results. Seems fast to me, anyway, because it sounded like you were overwhelmed and not particularly good at decluttering/organizing on your own. But gosh, so much progress and decisiveness! I'm thrilled for you that you're enjoying a freer sewing space and have no guilt.

Rob, so do you and DH stay right beside your decluttering team each day for 6 hours, telling them what to keep/not keep? That sounds exhausting. Liberating, but exhausting. Or, will they take a couple hours just emptying room and then you join them in the sorting process? Will you each be working with 2 on the team, tackling a certain area, or both together with the 4-person team? I'm curious how the logisitics work and how you stay focused. I am mentally good for 1.5 -2 hours at a time, and then I start feeling cranky, tired, and have a tendency to just want to either make tidy piles (rather than purge) or feel careless (Just throw it all away!). LOL

SarahBethie, you are inspiring! And you are so right about the decluttering getting easier as you go.