View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 05:11 AM
bkay

OK. Maybe so.

I really don't know the answer to the question if it is just about ebay. Ebay generally generates a higher price than a local sale. Many of the Ebay sellers are professionals. They get special deals that you and I do not get. My friend sells on Ebay all the time (not sewing machines). Fairly often, he gets a short time frame (2 days, I think) to post whatever he wants to "buy it now". He doesn't pay any upfront fee, he can leave the item up as long as it takes to sell it and only pays when it sells, even if it takes 3 months. You and I don't get that kind of deal. The Pros do, however.

Often, the real selling price is not disclosed. If an item is listed as "buy it now" for $1,000, but someone offers me $700. and I take it, the sell price is still listed as $1,000.

Ebay is lots more complicated than it appears to be. I just caution people that what appears to be on Ebay is not necessarily fact.

This is not taking into consideration the prices brought by those featherweights that are being totally refurbed and repainted in non-traditional colors such as this.