Old 06-14-2019, 06:20 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Glad you are doing so well, Carrie, on your blocks. Orange is such a happy color and brightens up my days. Love your posted later one, too. Blue is my very favorite color, seems so calm and earthly seems to represent sky and water in my mind.

I am still starring at my BS block with 24 pieces in a finished six inch block. It does not seem to change or sew itself.

So I am doing laundry today and reading the instructions on my "rooster fabric pattern" blocks. One is a 71 x 71 inch wall hanging 'Country Cluckers' designed by Arlene Stamper and Melissa Harris, I found in an Estes Park CO., shop Around the Block quilts owned by Judy Edwards. The Governor of Co., then, had toured her shop and picked out two quilts to be shown in the Capitol Building in Co.

The other is individual roosters 'Radical rooster" as designed by Florine Johnson. of Clarkesville, GA. I found her patterns in Colorado Springs, Co., and got my original six patterns there. I emailed Florine and ask if she was going to design any hens, and she said 'yes'...so I have ordered the three or four more issued since the others came out. Some designs just catch your eye and you want the patterns to make, even ten or fifteen years later. And you slowly built up the stash to do the blocks. If I had the time to match what I want to do, they would all be finished! LOL!