Old 06-14-2019, 11:33 AM
Simcoethree

Default Janome skyline S7 or Brother NQ1300/Babylock Soprano

I have sewn and quilted on just about every brand of machine over the past 20 years. I’m downsizing and need to get to one machine. I won’t be making very large quilts, just smaller wallhangings, machine Applique, home dec...and.....?
I'm having a very hard time deciding between the Skyline S7 and the Brother NQ1300/Babylock Soprano. I think I’ve ruled out the Janome 6700 because although I loved my 6500/6600, this time I like the idea of a machine that will save all the settings including tension and pressure foot pressure for a particular stitch, so I can go back and forth between projects without leaving a paper trail, lol.
i think my biggest concern with Skyline is the touch screen...looks like it provides a lot of great info, but will paging through it get tiresome? And is the new dual feed really a feature that’s an improvement over a walking foot? The older Acufeed was bulky.
I’m not so familiar with The Brother/Babylock advanced features...is the auto height adjustment a big deal? And will I use the sideways and backward sewing?As well, I think maybe I like the Brother free motion feet over the Janome
I like all three of the dealers offering these machines. The Brother is about $200 less than the Janome.
Now that I’ve written this essay can anyone give me some advice?