View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 03:39 PM
juliasb

When I first moved into this home DH finished a room just for my sewing room. It has upper and lower cupboard and a larger pantry type cabinet for all my fabrics and notions. One set of the lower cabinets has small wide pull out drawers that fill the cabinet so I have places for speciality items. The counter top is designed as a cutting table. He put in sky lights and the room has large windows on 2 sides for plenty of lighting. The only thing absent is a space for a design wall. I gave that up so I could put several sewing machines in the room. He also designed the room by cutting a door into the master bath for easy access. A built in computer space finished off the room. I don't even have to leave here during the day if I don't want to.
We also have a guest room. I there I have another cabinet with sewing machines and notions and threads galore. Since the room is very large the room also houses my mid arm quilt machine and frame. No matter where you are in my home you know a quilter lives here. The hardest thing is keeping the guest bed cleared of WIPS. There always seems to be one. My sewing studio seems to always be covered in threads or has a quilt laying out on the floor.