Thread: Scraps, ugh!!
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 08:45 PM
quiltingcandy

Welcome to the Board! My first question is - do you like making scrappy looking quilts? What do you intend to make? For years I have saved scraps and finally ended up sending them to people that actually want them. Someone here showed they had one of those large pretzel containers - it's about the size of a 5 gallon water bottle - that she put her scraps into. When it got full then she did something with them. I now fill one and when it gets full I ask if someone wants it and the scraps go into a box and away it goes. Large left over pieces of fabrics I put on comic book cardboards and put them in bins. I separate the fabric by holidays, kids fabrics, sports (MLB & NFL), florals, and solids. Then I put them in color groups. My largest is Christmas and then Halloween - there is something about those fabrics that follow me home even when I have no idea what I am going to do with them. I also cut off the selvage edges and save those until I have enough worth sending along. If you haven't noticed - I have a real problem throwing things away.