View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 09:40 PM
CJacobs

Default Please help me with this machine

I have always had an interest in sewing thanks to my grandmother who was a professional seamstress. I have owned my own modern Singer for 25 years. Just today my uncle gave me a vintage Rotary Electric De Luxe Family Sewing Machine, badged machine made in Japan, that he found in the attic of a house. (can you believe that he was going to sell it for scrap metal...) I have so many questions about it and have been trying to google it since this morning with no luck. I know that the machine works, because we replaced the power cord to the Dayton motor, plugged it in and she came to life, the light bulb in it even came on! Now I know that I need to oil it before I actually try to sew anything, but I am not sure exactly where to apply the oil. I also need to replace the rubber wheel that winds the bobbin, but have no clue what that piece is called or where to get one. I have tried searching for any information about this beautiful machine but all I found was a picture that led me to ebay to a machine similar to mine that was sold several years back. The ebay posting had absolutely no information about the kind of machine it was, the manufacturer or the year it may have been made. I have added pictures of the machine, only 3 because that is all I could get attached to this post.

If anyone can give me any information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you CJacobs