View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 10:06 AM
Iceblossom

The thrift stores have been kind and haven't tempted me with any fabric lately. I am remaining resolute about no new fabric. I did, however, get a couple of very nice tops on tag day so super cheap, $2.99 for a perfect condition Liz Claiborne since it was on tag day. The $4.99 top I paid full price is also very nice, and again perfect never-worn condition.

Quilting-wise had a bit of a stumble last week, went to go to small group and my car didn't start! No big deal, just battery. Waited a bit to see if the lady who lives down the street was going past or maybe the group would see my email progress reports. Ended up walking there, just a bit over half a mile and mostly flat so no big deal. Had my baby quilt top to sew the binding down. Left the wonky bright box + border in the car and it has stayed there all week. Spent a week of no quilting! Lots of computer games and cooking and tv instead.

Today I put together the backing for the purple quilt. I've had it pre-cut and prewashed and waiting for a couple of weeks now. I don't know what I did wrong, but the two "halves" were like 6" off from each other. There was a third piece a little longer than wide (but smaller than the "halves") that I had to piece together to have enough room. It isn't going to be ample especially with my mistake, but there is a good 3-4" on each of the narrow sides, and 6+ top and bottom and came from stash, one of my wild and crazy large scale backs. I was worried for a bit that it was going to be too small and I'd have to do another purple quilt to use it up.

Next I'm going to piece the back for the Wonky Bright quilt. That will help determine how big a border I can put on it. I'll have the ladies look at the border piece tomorrow. I still don't like it with the back, but I found a nice piece of black and white flowers with just a touch of highlighter green that makes a happy binding that works with both fabrics. Maybe also pull a couple other options for the border since I did sort of have plans for the piece I'm probably going to use.

Tomorrow will be the last bit of hand sewing the binding of the Under the Sea baby quilt top. I still haven't committed to what project next... but I'll have to have something portable in time for next Tuesday.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 06-17-2019 at 10:10 AM.